MoDE Foundation began with six moms sitting around a table dreaming of a better future for their children with disabilities. We believe people with disabilities have a right to quality work and living experiences, and this begins with inclusive education and communities.
As they planned their advocacy efforts, they realized they would need to create a charitable organization to help people and communities throughout the state. MoDE Foundation officially became a 501(c)(3) charitable organization in October, 2018.
Since that time, we have grown; officially, by building out our Board of Directors, and unofficially, by encouraging our volunteers. Click the button to see Our Team.
- To effectively make change, we will be a nonpartisan, issue-led organization that welcomes and benefits people of all abilities, diagnoses, and backgrounds.
- We must empower ourselves and assist others in empowering themselves to fight for change for people of all abilities.
- We must make ongoing efforts to be a diverse and inclusive group that is accessible to all who wish to participate.
- To effect change, we will work hard, build alliances, develop relationships, and carry out strategic campaigns.
- In all our meetings internally and with allies we will engage in a rigorous practice of listening and communicating with the goal of building a team that works together and builds consensus while keeping in mind our mission and vision.
- All our work and interactions will be done with honesty, openness, and integrity. We will acknowledge and address our mistakes, and periodically assess how to best achieve our mission with efficiency and respect for all.
- Our fiscal stewardship must ensure that MoDE Foundation exists in perpetuity, or as long as we have campaigns to work on.